Sunday, January 13, 2013

SOCKS IN THE CITY

He stole my socks!
This was today's battle cry.  Such righteousness! Such indignation!
Truth is, both boys wear the same size, same brand socks, and I buy a lot of them and distribute them randomly when sorting laundry. 
This morning, Timmy ran out and took a pair from David's drawer, which was apparently the first time David discovered that this is how the sock fairy works.  No, he declares, they are all MY socks.  All of them.
What makes some children swell with this type of entitlement? I will readily take whatever blame deserves to be laid at my feet, but I don't think he's been a materially spoiled child.  Somewhat coddled, yes.  I will own to that. 
But it's an issue (of which sock greediness is only the tip of the iceberg) that we are trying desperately to address.
It's yet another reason why I like summer much better than winter.
As Grandma-B always said, "No socks in the summer!"

No comments: